[thelist] Intranet Freezing

Ken Schaefer Ken at adOpenStatic.com
Thu Feb 2 18:39:32 CST 2006

Hi,

When you say "Freeze" do you mean that attempting to request /any/ page at
all (even a plain HTML page) times out?
If plain HTML pages work, what about a simple ASP pages that just does a
<%Response.Write(Time())%>?
Or is it only the pages that involve connecting to Access?

>From the examples above, the problem could be in IIS (any page), or in ASP
(ASP pages only), or perhaps blocking in the database or database driver
(only Access related pages stop). We need to do some further investigation.

My suggestion - use a debug tool like IISState or DebugDiagnostics to get a
log when the problem next occurs. Post the log here if you need help
deciphering it.

How to obtain/configure IISState
http://www.adopenstatic.com/faq/IISConfigureIISState.aspx

How to obtain/configure DebugDiag: