[thelist] Ruby or VPS Hosting & One Off Topic Remark

Max Schwanekamp lists at neptunewebworks.com
Fri Feb 3 17:51:34 CST 2006

Steve Lewis wrote:
> Max Schwanekamp wrote:
>>http://textdrive.com/

> Consider me a *VERY* dissatisfied TextDrive customer.  I am moving all
> of my business away from them as fast as I possibly can, walking away
> from pre-paid months of service.

Wow, I should've prefaced that I've never used Textdrive, only heard
positive things about them.  Thanks for the warning Steve.

I guess the OP didn't necessarily require shared hosting, so I'd
personally recommend going with an entry-level VPS.  I use ServInt, and
have been extremely happy with their service.  Their starter VPS is IIRC
$59.95/month; pretty reasonable for having root access, 24/7 NOC
support, etc.
http://www.servint.com/

--
Max Schwanekamp