[thelist] 5-8 SSI Statements for Every Page for Sitewide Consistancy

Bill Moseley moseley at hank.org
Sat Feb 4 22:57:00 CST 2006

On Fri, Feb 03, 2006 at 07:54:52AM -0600, chase at searchingwithin.com wrote:
> This technique would mean embedding the current SSI statements for the
> header and footer into other SSI files.
>
> I'm worried about having opening tags in one file and closing tags in a
> different file.

I haven't used SSI in I don't know how many years, but normally you
would not have a design like you describe where tags open in one
"component" and close in another.  Sounds like trouble.  Use nested
templates/components.  If you must use tables (or not) use a "layout"
template that includes the sub-components of the site.

--
Bill Moseley
moseley at hank.org