[thelist] web hosting feedback

Tom Schmidt ildenizen at insightbb.com
Sun Feb 5 10:01:43 CST 2006

I am considering taking the plunge and moving my novice site (using typepad currently) to a "real" web hosting site that offers MySQL, PHP, etc.
Of course, this in itself is daunting, as the number of web-hosting services that all claim to be the best is astronomical.

I have found one called BlueHost, that provides 10GB disk space, 250 GB bandwidth, MySQL, PHP and a host of other "goodies" all for under $10 a month (less if you sign up for longer).

Several quick questions:

1) How does this compare to what others are using?
2) Are there any outstanding negatives or positives from those who have used this web hosting service?
3) What are some of the basic features I should find in my web-hosting service for a SMALL business enterprise?
4) Any alternate suggestions are ALWAYS welcome.

Again, thank you all for your feedback.

Tom