[thelist] web hosting feedback

Chris Johnston fuzzylizard at gmail.com
Sun Feb 5 19:35:59 CST 2006

On 2/5/06, Tom Schmidt <ildenizen at insightbb.com> wrote:

> I have found one called BlueHost, that provides 10GB disk space, 250 GB
> bandwidth, MySQL, PHP and a host of other "goodies" all for under $10 a
> month (less if you sign up for longer).
>
> Several quick questions:
>
> 1) How does this compare to what others are using?
> 2) Are there any outstanding negatives or positives from those who have
> used this web hosting service?
> 3) What are some of the basic features I should find in my web-hosting
> service for a SMALL business enterprise?
> 4) Any alternate suggestions are ALWAYS welcome.

Hi,

Just to chime in with my $0.02CAD, I have been using both Hostgator and
Dreamhost for the last year and have been happy with both.

http://www.hostgator.com
http://www.dreamhost.com

I have had several times where I have need to contact service at Hostgator
and have had excellent service every time. The one instance, I sent an email
to service, realised that I had not put in the required info so sent a
second email. The problem was solved before I could finish the second email.

I have had some downtime over the past year with them, but nothing out of
the ordinary and they have always been very prompt to solve the problem. I
highly recommend them.

As for Dreamhost, if you need space and bandwidth for your site, then this
is the one to pick. They increase both on a weekly basis.

Chris

--
www.fuzzylizard.com