[thelist] Tools for managing online newsletter and emails?

Tom Dell'Aringa pixelmech at yahoo.com
Sun Feb 12 14:08:00 CST 2006

Hi folks,

My church website needs to better communicate with our readership, since we have members all over
the USA. What I want to do is collect e-mail addresses and be able to send out a bi-weekly or
monthly newsletter. However I need to do this as painless and easy as possible since my time to
manage this is limited at best. I'm sure that there has to be some decent tools our there for this
(preferably free) to do this. My requirements are:

1. Collect e-mail and allow easy subscribe/unsubscribe for members
2. Blast out newsletter/messages at will, say every 2 weeks or a month
3. Does not have to be HTML - can be plain text.
4. Should hopefully be easy to integrate on the site

The site runs on WordPress, php based of course. I could probably build something but I don't have
the time, I'm hoping that something is out there I can use. Any suggestions are greatly
appreciated! Please copy me directly in any response.

Thanks!

Tom

http://www.pixelmech.com/
http://www.crossandthrone.com/

Professor Rumford: 'But I still don't understand about hyperspace.'
The Doctor: 'Well, who does?'
K9: 'I do.'
Doctor: 'Shut up, K9!'