[thelist] Subversion on windows

Ian Anderson ian at zstudio.co.uk
Wed Feb 15 08:51:57 CST 2006

Matt Williams wrote:
> I Subversion on windows but use the standalone server as opposed to through
> Apache.
> There is a little utility called SVNService that will allow you to install
> as a windows service.
>
> Been using it for several months with no problems

More or less same here, but I use a shell called Tortoise SVN which
integrates the subversion functions into the windows UI using contextual
menus and icons displayed in Explorer windows. Using the data store
format "Native filesystem (FSFS)" for a repository lets it work across a
network, apparently, though I haven't tested this yet.

It's working well for me so far

HTH

Cheers

Ian

zStudio - Web development and accessibility
http://zStudio.co.uk

Snippetz.net - Online code library
File, manage and re-use your code snippets & links
http://snippetz.net