[thelist] Gray Hairs - Google Mini

Ian Anderson ian at zstudio.co.uk
Wed Feb 15 10:22:53 CST 2006

Christian Heilmann wrote:

> You forgot headings though, or is that what you mean by titles? There
>  is one title, and six levels of headings.

Yeah, realised that after I hit send... By title, I meant the document

> One other thing especially in the case of google is to use the google
>  sitemaps

Isn't that just to get your pages into the index in cases where they
might not be found, though? Doesn't affect your position in the SERPS
according to Google. Do you know of specific examples that Google's
spider might find "hard to reach"?

Google mention "dynamic content" as a scenario, but pages with this form
of URL - foo.asp?bar=123 - get indexed fine in my experience with Google

zStudio - Web development and accessibility

Snippetz.net - Online code library
File, manage and re-use your code snippets & links