[thelist] [OT] Stolen laptop + Rails tip

Chris Johnston fuzzylizard at gmail.com
Thu Feb 16 21:57:55 CST 2006

On 2/16/06, Mark Groen <evolt at markgroen.com> wrote:

> On Fri, 2006-02-17 at 09:13 +1100, Ken Schaefer wrote:
>
> Got me curious about the subject, and found this open source whole disc
> encryption software for Linux and WinXP/2K, supports steganography for
> deniability if you need it:
>
> http://www.truecrypt.org/

I have used Truecrypt on Windows XP and it is nice software. It is very easy
to use. It allows you to create an encrypted file that, when mounted, acts
just like a disk partition. Or you can encrypt an entire partition. It also
has excellent control over when and how a file/partition is mounted (i.e.,
mount at start up or do it manually) and how long a file/partition will stay
mounted (i.e., dismount all partitions when the computer is locked).

Chris

--
www.fuzzylizard.com