[thelist] Show of Hands - Your IT Staff Situation

Rob Smith rob.smith at lexjet.com
Fri Feb 17 07:14:10 CST 2006

> The company owner can handle some code as well, but doesn't anymore
> except in emergencies.

That's cool. It's nice that one of our VP's can write SQL and get at
least the most basic of information he needs, without bugging us. That
will all soon be replaced with Sharepoint, Scorecard Manager, Reporting
Services, and Analysis Services w/Data Mining so that anyone in the
company can generate any data/reports they want. I'll still have to do
the unique and new reports/contests, but we can focus our energies on
newer technologies with less overhead.

<tip type="Leverage" author="Rob.Smith">
	Teach people how to run their own reports and leverage the
technology or resources you can buy, or hire out...
</tip>

Rob Smith
LexJet
rob.smith at lexjet.com