[thelist] AJAX on Safari

Joshua Olson joshua at waetech.com
Fri Feb 17 11:12:09 CST 2006

Hi List,

I'm toying around with AJAX on Safari (1.0.3) and for some reason it simply
won't work.  I did some digging and it looks like my Mac returns undefined
when I make a call to "typeof XMLHttpRequest" and likewise trying to create
a new XMLHttpRequest doesn't work.

What I can't figure out, however, is why "Google Suggest" [0] seems to work
while any of the other examples [1] I see on the web don't work.  By don't
work, the experience on the browser is that nothing happens when the AJAX
request is executed.

Anybody else had a similar experience?  Or, can anybody think of any
resources (a javascript debugging window would be nice, if I could find it
in Safari!) that may be of help?

[0] http://www.google.com/webhp?complete=1&hl=en
[1] http://www.degraeve.com/reference/simple-ajax-example.php

Joshua L. Olson
WAE Tech Inc.
http://www.waetech.com/
Phone: 706.210.0168
Fax: 413.812.4864

Monitor bandwidth usage on IIS6 in real-time:
http://www.waetech.com/services/iisbm/