[thelist] AJAX on Safari

Jan Brasna discuss at alphanumeric.cz
Fri Feb 17 12:13:32 CST 2006

> Apple.com is touting 1.2 as the latest version... am I confused?

Aaha. Since Tiger, Safari comes with system updates and is not
distributed standalone. Latest upgrade for Panter (OS X 10.3) is 1.3.2
for 10.3.9 i suppose. You have to have the latest Tiger (OS X 10.4) to
have the current Safari. Now it's 2.0.3 for 10.4.5 IIRC. Or, a nightly
WebKit.

> That's what I've been playing with.  I just don't understand why google
> suggest works and any of the other examples I've seen don't.

I've quickly tried script.aculo.us AJAX cart demo and it works fine
(2.0.3 here).

The reason may be in your Safari version.

--
Jan Brasna :: www.alphanumeric.cz | www.janbrasna.com | www.wdnews.net