[thelist] php/apache config issue?

Richard Bennett richard.bennett at skynet.be
Sat Feb 18 03:39:30 CST 2006

On Friday 17 February 2006 21:39, Tom Dell'Aringa wrote:
> THanks Richard, used that in fact and got it running. Stuck on some other
> stuff with Drupal unfortunately. Would love to evaluate it but can't finish
> the install...harsh. Thanks!
>
> Tom

That's good.
Drupal is pretty easy to get running, once you know how, just ask if you have
any specific problems. Basically there are 4 steps:
Copy all the files into your root folder, or a sub-folder, for instance if
htdocs is the Apache root folder: ../htdocs/drupal/
Open up phpMyAdmin (already included in xampp I think) in Firefox , make a
database called drupal, go to it, click the tab 'SQL' and browse to the file
'../htdocs/drupal/database/database.mysql' using the file box marked ' Or
Location of the text file:' . Running this will build all the tables for you.
Now open the file '../htdocs/drupal/sites/settings.php' and change the $db_url
line to look something like this, but with the correct
uname/password/databasename :
$db_url = 'mysql://username:password@localhost/drupal';
Lastly open the file '../htdocs/drupal/.htaccess' and set the RewriteBase to
match the location of you drupal installation, so / for root level,
or /drupal for a subdirectory (might need a trailing slash there).
Open Firefox and go to localhost/drupal, and you should see the welcome page.

Hope that helps, and that I didn't forget anything...

Richard.