[thelist] php/apache config issue?

Richard Bennett richard.bennett at skynet.be
Sat Feb 18 09:33:15 CST 2006

On Saturday 18 February 2006 16:11, Tom Dell'Aringa wrote:
> Thanks Richard... my problem is I got through all that to the welcome page,
> but the template in 4.6 is incompatible with PHP 5.whatever I have. The
> solution is apparently to load an updated template engine, which I did do.
> However, I cannot log in as admin due to not having an SMTP server or
> something.
>
> I did get the first logon fine, and logged in - but I can't do any admin
> features for some reason, it says I am not authorized. So I cannot choose
> the new template engine, so I am stuck with a broken install. It's pretty
> frustrating! XAMMP was nice to get it all running with IIS. Somehow I need
> to be able to switch template engines, but drupal won't let me. Thanks for
> the tips!
>
> http://www.pixelmech.com/
> http://www.crossandthrone.com/
Hi,
Please send replies to thelist, so others can pitch-in when they can.

I'm surprised you have a php5 problem, as v4.6 should work fine with php5...

> However, I cannot log in as admin due to not having an SMTP server or
> something.
Seems you have something mixed-up, a mail server is not needed for this. Maybe
you enabled a module that does require SMTP, so disable all modules for a
start, and try again.

When you see the welcome page, it shows a message saying that you have to
create the first user, which will be your administrator account. After
creating that user, it logs you in automatically, and you have admin access.
Maybe you hid the admin menu by accident, which could prove difficult to get
around...
You could show the table 'blocks' in phpmyadmin, and change the value of the
field 'status' to '1' for each entry, that should switch all the menus on.

alternatively wipe everything including the database, and start over using
Drupal v4.7 beta. A lot has changed from v 4.6, and you might as well learn
to use the newest version, if you don't need to make a production-website
right away.

Cheers,
Richard