[thelist] XML help for static site `Mocha Cafe`

Christian Heilmann codepo8 at gmail.com
Sat Feb 18 13:05:40 CST 2006

> > im just a html/css designer, and helping a friend to build a site for his
> > product (cafe).
>
> You can just use flat files for your dynamic bits of info like the menu
> etc. You'll want to make sure your pop-up blockers are running for this
> site, but it's a good tutorial to get you started and likely enough to
> do what you want when you're done:
>
> http://www.tutorialized.com/tutorial/Using-Files-on-the-Server-File-System/10171

I am not too sure if making your files readable and writeable is that
much of a good idea. I was a fan of this simple approach, too, but if
you are dealing with a lot of users or you are not *really* sure that
you can keep your machine hacksafe this is a recipe for disaster.

--
Chris Heilmann
Blog: http://www.wait-till-i.com