[thelist] [JavaScript] Event question for you event experts

Tom Dell'Aringa pixelmech at yahoo.com
Mon Feb 20 14:04:46 CST 2006

--- Matt Warden <mwarden at gmail.com> wrote:
> This will work, but it becomes very very hairy once you start breaking
> code out into their own external javascript, each of which needs to
> attach one or more events onto onload.

Exactly my concern. We rushed to version 1 so fast, we just had to get stuff working. Now the
enhancement requests come in that step all over each other. But I digress.

> I wouldn't say that attaching this to window.onload is bad, necessarily.

Right, I didn't mean that it was bad, I just don't want to bust the code - I want to be able to
attach/detach events reliably at any time, without worrying about breaking existing functionality.

Thanks for both of those links, I should have thought about the Yahoo lib. I'll take a slog
through both!

Tom

http://www.pixelmech.com/
http://www.crossandthrone.com/

Professor Rumford: 'But I still don't understand about hyperspace.'
The Doctor: 'Well, who does?'
K9: 'I do.'
Doctor: 'Shut up, K9!'