[thelist] Expired yahoo domain

Gilles beauregard gilles at balour.org
Mon Feb 20 21:27:09 CST 2006

Allo!

> >I have a client who had their domain registered with Yahoo small
> >business.  The account and domain registration have expired.  Now the
> >domain management has been transfered to http://www.melbourneit.com.au/
> >The status of the domain is "Pending Release" but the original owner is
> >still listed.   I've written to them twice asking what we need to do to
> >regain control of the domain but haven't heard back.

You must contact the original registrar and renew with him, but as the
status is "Pending Release", your client is at risk of losing the domain.

Probably the domain will finish in a "domain farm" and you need to rebuy
it from the new owner.

I already lost a domain in similar situation, and someone grab the domain
under 5 minutes after the domain was free again to be register.

I use this as lesson to don't let any domain I control expired
without my consent.

Good luck, but you can take a look right now at a similar, with
little variation
on the domain or the extension.

Good luck.

Gilles B.