[thelist] a CSS Question

Max Schwanekamp lists at neptunewebworks.com
Tue Feb 21 20:02:31 CST 2006

Casey wrote:
> a.drop_links:hover {
>  text-decoration: underline;
>  color: #000066;
>  .border background-color: #ffffff;
> }
> .border {  background-color: #eaeaea; }
> The idea here is that when the mouse is hovered over the link with class
> drop_link, the background color in class border also changes.  Not sure of
> the css syntax...

I assume the use of the .border selector within the a.drop_links rule is
just for illustration.  You might use:

a.dropLinks:hover {...}
.border {...}
.border:hover {...}

But I spose the .border selector is applying to some kind of container
element, right?  If that's the case, this won't work in IE, which only
respects :hover on the <a> element.  You can either change your HTML, or
you can use clientside scripting to apply the :hover change to .border
elements.  Check out http://www.xs4all.nl/~peterned/csshover.html for a
discussion and solution.

--
Max Schwanekamp