[thelist] (asp.net) RaiseBubbleEvent?

Tab Alleman talleman at Lumpsum.com
Wed Feb 22 10:31:49 CST 2006

I am trying to bubble the SelectedIndexChanged event from a custom dropdownlist class.  I paraphrased the example in MSDN, but it's not working... anybody see why?  Stepping through the code shows that the OnSelectedIndexChanged sub does get fired *in the custom class* when I change the dropdownlist, but NOT in the parent object.

The code for the class boils down to:

    Public Class cls_ddlCaseStatus
        Inherits System.Web.UI.WebControls.DropDownList

        Protected Overrides Sub OnSelectedIndexChanged(ByVal e As EventArgs)

            MyBase.OnSelectedIndexChanged(e)
            'Context.Response.Write("<br><br>ChildControl's OnClick called.")
            ' Bubble this event to parent.
            RaiseBubbleEvent(Me, e)

        End Sub
    End Class