[thelist] Designing for the delay in live credit card verification

Canfield, Joel JCanfield at PacAdvantage.org
Wed Feb 22 10:32:10 CST 2006

My opinions as a user

> 1. include some text that warns of a potential delay and disable the
> submit button with javascript to prevent multiple clicks

Knowing there may be a delay is plenty. Messing with forms via JS would
bother me, but not much. Just not necessary, for me.

> 2. show an intermediary "processing" page
> 3. both of the above

As long as I know there's going to be a delay, and as long as it's not
so long that I'm concerned something's broken, I don't need anything at
all except the advance warning.

spinhead