[thelist] European Linux Dedicated Server Host

Richard Bennett richard.bennett at skynet.be
Thu Feb 23 08:09:41 CST 2006

On Thursday 23 February 2006 15:00, Hershel Robinson wrote:
> Anyway, the downtime with our dedicated server has become a problem.
> Reliable email is vital to the success of this corporation and so they
> are ready to try another host.

My opinion is that redundancy is key. Every system can have some downtime, and
it always happens at the worst moment...
What I do is host the DNS of the domainname on zoneedit.org , there I setup
five nameservers in different continents, and different ip address ranges.
The I setup the primary email server pointing to my own server, and as
secondary server I use their mailbackup service (secondary etc mailserver
could also be used). This means if my server is down, they save the mail on
their servers, until mine is back up, and deliver it then.
This has saved my neck on many an occasion.

Richard.