[thelist] Directory Structure into Access

VOLKAN ÖZÇELİK volkan.ozcelik at gmail.com
Thu Feb 23 09:52:57 CST 2006

> That said, is there a way to poll the directory, grab all the files and
> drop them into the database via a script or macro or some other
>method?  This is all running locally, so there are currently no
> webservices behind it to help me along.  I'm a relative novice here, so >the simpler the solution, the better.

You don't need a web service. You can write a simple application in
your programming language of choice (preferably in c# or java) that
traverses file system and inserts into the database using sqlcommand
object or something similar.

I think it can be done with a VB macro of some sort in access as well.
However it has been a long time I haven't written macros so
unfortunately I don't remember much to help you.

HTH
--
Volkan Ozcelik
+>Yep! I'm blogging! : http://www.volkanozcelik.com/volkanozcelik/blog/