[thelist] Visual Studio .NET

Mark Joslyn Mark.Joslyn at SolimarSystems.com
Thu Feb 23 13:17:46 CST 2006

Howdy List,

I am currently working on a form in Visual Studio.NET and cannot for the
life of me figure our how the disabled icons in the toolbar work. It appears
that everything that is not transparent (.ico files, or specified
transparency color in .BMP) are turned a dark charcoal grey. So everything
that is color becomes grayed out. I do not want to put transparency into the
colored sections of the icons because it makes the enabled icons look
crappy. Win XP does a great job in "screening" back its icons, but on Win
2000 it darkens everything.

Does anyone know how I can either image swap enabled / disabled icons on my
toolbar, or how I access the "disabling" code to manipulate it? The complete
graying out is making the icons look really crappy!

Any and all help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

markJ