[thelist] Which Design is Better? (again -- sorry)

Stephen Rider evolt_org at striderweb.com
Thu Feb 23 14:27:43 CST 2006

On Feb 22, 2006, at 8:12 PM, Rachell Coe wrote:

> Hi Again!  Per your awesome critiques, I've developed a 3rd design
> that
> hopefully incorporates the elements of the previous designs
> everyone liked.
> I have all 3 up at http://www.4thegrapes.com/design11.htm.  Which
> one do you
> guys like best?

I like the third one, with a few adjustments:

First, it will look a lot cleaner if you tighten you margins so the
text doesn't overlap the vines.

Second, you might break up the solid purple by putting the main body
text into a white or faded-color box, (and the text in black).

Third, You might even play with this (linked) concept a bit and have
grapes or vinery in the background...  <http://www.striderweb.com/
webcraft/complexspiral/>

(DISCLAIMER: Yes, that link is a technique detailed on my own
website, but this page design really sort of jumped out at me as one
that could use it to good effect -- especially with the pending
release of IE 7)

Steve