[thelist] Mambo vs. Typo3

Eike Pierstorff eikes.lists at dynamique.de
Fri Feb 24 06:42:25 CST 2006

mail at kentrygiel.com schrieb:
> I am considering setting up one of these two options for a client. This
> client needs to be able to update a css templated section of a website.
> They need to be able to add text and images to their site. I will be
> settng up for them a section of their website that they must be able to
> manage (adding and deleting subpages in this section). Ease of use is key.
> Does anyone have experience with one or both of these systems and if so,
> can you offer any recommendations?

Hello Kent,

I started to use Mambo (Joomla now) because it was immediately accepted
by clients who refused to even look twice at Typo3 because Typo "looks
so difficult".

I do not think Typo is actually much harder to use than Mambo (harder to
set up, though), but it seems it looks much more intimidating to persons
with little computer experience.

So for ease of use I would recommend Mambo (Joomla, rather), because if
you can't do much you can't do much wrong. However as far as technology
is concerned the current code of Mambo/Joomla is rather outdated, so if
either performance or clean code (both PHP and HTML) or localization or
multilanguage support matter to you then you definitely want to use some
other system than Mambo.

-- eike