[thelist] tracking form submissions

Jeremy Weiss jweiss at cox-internet.com
Fri Feb 24 20:01:10 CST 2006

One of my client's has about 4 different contact forms on his website. When
someone completes the form it is passed to a php script that emails it to
his assistant. He now wants me to implement some sort of tracking on it so
that he can find out how many forms were completed in a given time period.
Perfectly capable of having the script update a field or create a new record
in a mySQL database, but I wonder if that would be overkill. Would there be
an easier/better way to track this? Obviously this isn't anything major, I'm
just attempting to think outside my little self taught box.

-jeremy