[thelist] synchronizing test and production

Canfield, Joel JCanfield at PacAdvantage.org
Thu Mar 2 11:29:18 CST 2006

> Finally have a test environment for our intranet. I've shot myself in
> the foot by how I've been trying to synchronize changes.

So, a little clarification: two servers with different names, therefore
different link references, etc. in many places. Can't just grab what's
in test and move to production; have to search/replace. And can't just
let VSS diff the directories, 'cause I've made 'changes' to many files
by simply mass changing the server name in linkage, whether or not any
functionality changed.