[thelist] JavaScript/Ajax - responseText and IE question

Peter Brunone (EasyListBox.com) peter at easylistbox.com
Thu Mar 2 12:46:12 CST 2006

> If you mean capital R - didn't work.

Does that mean your code below is a typo?

> response = request.ResponseText; <-- this is okay

:-D

 From: Tom Dell'Aringa pixelmech at yahoo.com

If you mean capital R - didn't work. Turns out I overstated the problem. This is the deal:

when response.responseText comes back, I can alert it as a valid string, even in IE. But when I go
to apply that as innerHTML - that is when I get the error - so this is failing:

response = request.ResponseText; <-- this is okay
m = document.getElementById('msg');
m.innerHTML = response; <-- this errors out!?!?!

For some reason IE does not like the string of text? I tried toString() with no luck...

--- Peter Brunone wrote:

> I had that problem with ELB a while back.
>
> Try request.ResponseText for IE.
>
> And yes, I'm serious.

http://www.pixelmech.com/
http://www.crossandthrone.com/

Professor Rumford: 'But I still don't understand about hyperspace.'
The Doctor: 'Well, who does?'
K9: 'I do.'
Doctor: 'Shut up, K9!'