[thelist] JavaScript/Ajax - responseText and IE question [solved]

Tom Dell'Aringa pixelmech at yahoo.com
Thu Mar 2 12:50:12 CST 2006

--- Mark Baldwin <mark.baldwin at attensa.com> wrote:

> If toString isn't working, you might try explicitly setting the
> content type header in your php code:
> header("Content-type: text/plain");

I had tried toString and the header is set to exactly that. Here is what it was apparently - I
changed:

$strResponse = "<p>We're sorry but there is a problem with our mailing list. Please try again
later.</p>";

to this

$strResponse = '<p>We\'re sorry but there is a problem with our mailing list. Please try again
later.</p>';

double to single quotes in the php file. Something about the way that string was delivered, IE
didn't like - I can't imagine what, but all of a sudden it worked when I did that.

I'm not sure whether to be happy or tear my hair out.

Tom

http://www.pixelmech.com/
http://www.crossandthrone.com/

Professor Rumford: 'But I still don't understand about hyperspace.'
The Doctor: 'Well, who does?'
K9: 'I do.'
Doctor: 'Shut up, K9!'