[thelist] Live support script?

patrick pms at stoutstreet.com
Thu Mar 2 17:31:32 CST 2006

Max Schwanekamp wrote:
> Flavia Tarzwell (FayeC) wrote:
>> One of my clients sent me the following request:
>> "a single chat support that would be on our main webpage that anyone can
>> log in from any location,
>
> Google for "live help php" and you'll get some more options, but one
> well-known app is phpLiveSupport.  Not sure if it has the system tray
> notifcations like an IM client such MSN, but I believe it meets your
> other criteria.
>
> http://www.phplivesupport.com/

We have used this, but I would raise a caveat: they use the Zend encoder
stuff so you cannot make security updates when needed (you need to wait
for them.) They recently had EGREGIOUS security issues that caused us to
not upgrade (we are running a pre-encoded version) and patch the code
ourselves.

--

patrick sanders
http://www.stoutstreet.com