[thelist] Simple JavaScript not working head scratcher

Matt Warden mwarden at gmail.com
Fri Mar 3 15:06:31 CST 2006

On 3/3/06, fstorr <fffrancis at fstorr.demon.co.uk> wrote:
>         items[i].lastChild.insertBefore(a, items[i]);

Well, I can say that this will not work. I think what you want is:

items[i].insertBefore(a, items[i].lastChild);

However, I'm not sure what items[i].lastChild would return when there
are no children. It must not be null or you would be getting a script
error.

I would suggest using appendChild, though. I know you said you gave it
a shot, but try it again, becuse it should work fine.

items[i].appendChild(a);

--
Matt Warden
Miami University