[thelist] DHTML Zoom / Pan / Palette

VOLKAN ÖZÇELİK volkan.ozcelik at gmail.com
Wed Mar 8 01:13:02 CST 2006

> I haven't done much work with this in DHTML, but I've pondered similar
> applications in the context of SVG graphics. Is there any conventional
> wisdom for whether one or the other would be a better match?

SVG may cause cross-browser problems.
OTOH doing this via DHTML is kinda unpractical and may be done as an
exercise if one has really really a lot of spare time to spend.

IMHO zooming / panning a vector-based node-tree requires an app that
understand vectors. Flash could be a good candidate in this particular
situation.

Though depending on the complexity of your project requirements it can
be done with DHTML. And there are excellent 2D / 3D DHTML models
&libraries around.

[1] http://www.xs4all.nl/~peterned/games/rotatrix/index.html
[2] http://www.xs4all.nl/~peterned/examples/dna.html
[3] http://www.xs4all.nl/~peterned/examples.html