[thelist] Enable Local PHP Testing on Win XP

Hassan Schroeder hassan at webtuitive.com
Wed Mar 8 20:37:40 CST 2006

jono at charlestonwebsolutions.com wrote:

>>........ when you try and install your code onto a
>>real web server you may find that your code doesn't work because the web
>>server is out of date and doesn't have the latest libraries.

> Thanks, I will keep that in mind.  Fortunately, the company I work for
> just purchased new servers.

..which means absolutely nothing in terms of what software's going to
be installed on them. And in fact, if your new servers are Linux and
the admin likes using RPM or some other distro's "installer", chances
are good that the software will be dismally out of date.

Check versions :-)

Hassan Schroeder ----------------------------- hassan at webtuitive.com
                opinion: webtuitive.blogspot.com

                          dream.  code.