[thelist] Breaking away from "Standard" Fonts

Canfield, Joel JCanfield at PacAdvantage.org
Fri Mar 10 11:06:31 CST 2006

> If you embed a font, the browser has to load the
> font. If the TTF is 10k, fine, if it is 450k, not that fine.

You keep talking about the now; I'm talking about the future. Your
point, in this specific instance, is obvious. But what if *all* fonts
could be included via CSS for virtually no extra cost in efficiency?
Wouldn't that be better than *anything* we've got now?