[thelist] CDONTS Error: Invalid Method: 'From' ??

Ken Schaefer Ken at adOpenStatic.com
Sat Mar 11 03:39:07 CST 2006

-----Original Message-----
From: thelist-bounces at lists.evolt.org
[mailto:thelist-bounces at lists.evolt.org] On Behalf Of Rob Smith
Subject: [thelist] CDONTS Error: Invalid Method: 'From' ??

> I'm using CDONTS for a  quick mail message:
> Set objMail = Server.CreateObject("CDONTS.NewMail")
> objMail.From = "myfakeemailaddress at addressrus.com"
>
> I get an error message about an invalid method 'From'

Given that we know that CDONTS.NewMail has a From *property* and not a >From
*method*, I think it would be helpful if we can see the exact code, and the
exact error message.

This goes to everyone seeking assistance troubleshooting problems - vague
descriptions, approximate errors and what you think is representative code
don't usually cut it.

Thanks

Cheers
Ken