[thelist] cheap software spam - how do they do it?

Rich Points rich at richpoints.com
Sun Mar 12 16:43:02 CST 2006

Hi,
Like many of you I've been spammed a million times over the years with
advertisements for cheap name brand software.  Well the time has come
for me to buy some software and I'm checking these places out and
wondering how they offer such cheap prices.  I'm looking at Adobe Suite
which retails for $1,200 and they are offering it for $150.

I've read through their policies and what they do is let you download
the software and that's about it.  You don't get a license, no disk, you
can't register and you may or may not get product updates.  This is
acceptable to me for the most part but I'm just wondering if there is a
scam here or what.

Thanks
Rich