[thelist] Stop posting from fields (was: Can't submit form data with 'enter' key in IE)

VOLKAN ÖZÇELİK volkan.ozcelik at gmail.com
Tue Mar 14 02:34:52 CST 2006

"What would you recommend, instead of disabling form's default submit behavior,
so that only the submit button will submit the form?"

After having seen received this question off-list from different
people, I decided to write my response to all:

http://www.volkanozcelik.com/cre8/blog/2006/03/never-rely-on-javascript.html

Here is a quote summarizing my post for the busy evolters out there:

"Javascript is to enhance functionality, it is not to craete
functionality, nor can it be used to impose "so called" security
controls to your web application."

Cheers,
--
Volkan Ozcelik