[thelist] Flash and 3d Animation

John Dowdell jdowdell at adobe.com
Tue Mar 14 13:21:39 CST 2006

Dan McCullough wrote:
> I have a project that will need to show some apparel slowly spinning,
> similar to the Adidas Gigaride
> (http://www.adidas.com/campaigns/whatsnext/content/microsites/gigaride/gigaride.asp?strCountry_adidascom=us&deeplink=)
> does with the 360 spin. I am wondering if they have a physical shoe
> and shoot it a certain way and then add those into Flash, or if they
> shoot the shoe and then put the frames into like RayDream and import
> the 360 asset into Flash. Any thoughts? Any experience?

I don't know about the shoe, but I'm pretty sure all the little rhinos
are modeled.... ;-)

For "where was the rotation handled?" then I don't know the project, but
I'd expect most such implementations to just import the image series and
sequence them in the interactive authoring environment. A 3D tool could
be useful for generating the images, but it would be rare to use the 3D
tool for sequencing as well.

jd

--
John Dowdell . Adobe Developer Support . San Francisco CA USA
Weblog: http://weblogs.macromedia.com/jd