[thelist] Stop posting from fields (was: Can't submit form data with 'enter' key in IE)

Bill Moseley moseley at hank.org
Tue Mar 14 23:37:30 CST 2006

On Tue, Mar 14, 2006 at 10:34:52AM +0200, VOLKAN ÖZÇEL?K wrote:

> http://www.volkanozcelik.com/cre8/blog/2006/03/never-rely-on-javascript.html
>
> Here is a quote summarizing my post for the busy evolters out there:
>
> "Javascript is to enhance functionality, it is not to craete
> functionality, nor can it be used to impose "so called" security
> controls to your web application."

Thanks.  Good points.  Not really related to my question, but words
to live by, no doubt.

> <form onsubmit="return false;">
>
> will sort it out.

I still don't follow that suggestion.  That prevents all form
submissions.  No wonder you don't recommend it.

Clients seem to have mixed behavior with regard to what will cause a
form submission.  I guess I'll stick with the confirm dialog on
submit.  Annoying, but maybe not as annoying as premature submission.
;)

--
Bill Moseley
moseley at hank.org