[thelist] PHP Search Engine

Pringle, Ron RPringle at aurora-il.org
Thu Mar 16 13:40:48 CST 2006

> Hey all -- any recommendations on a PHP search engine? Though
> we have access
> to a MySQL 4.0 database, the site content itself is all HTML
> pages (not
> stored in a DB unfortunately). We're running PHP 5 on a Linux box.
>
> It's very important that we can customize the look of the
> output (we can't
> just send them to a Google page or use a premade 'theme').
>
> I checked out PHPDig and it seems to be the way I'm leaning
> right now. I'd
> love to find something that's based in PHP5/OOP.
>
> thanks!

> Andrew Kamm

Andrew-

I highly recommend the Zoom Search Engine by Wrensoft. You can integrate
it into the look and feel of your site using css, works with PHP as well
as a host of other environments, etc. and its very cheap.

http://www.wrensoft.com/

I use it for the City of Aurora website (also for the search box on
every page):

http://www.aurora-il.org/search/search_template.asp

regards,
Ron