[thelist] PHP Search Engine

Max Schwanekamp lists at neptunewebworks.com
Thu Mar 16 15:27:56 CST 2006

Paul Bennett wrote:
> Just a note to BEWARE of a LOT search engine software.
> Case in point: - (No, I'm *not* picking on Ron here, just illustrating a rant er... Point)
> http://tinyurl.com/o56lx

Not to dispute your point Paul, which I am not qualified to do anyway,
but context and user behavior should be taken into account when
evaluating any software.  When I changed your query from searching an
exact string using quotes to a group of keywords, and removing the "City
of Aurora - " part of the query (after all, why would a user enter that
when they're already on the COA website?), the correct page was #1 in
the results.  E.g.:

http://url123.com/dmna5

Of course your query should have worked just fine, but Zoom isn't quite
so bad as your demo might lead one to believe.

--
Max Schwanekamp
http://www.neptunewebworks.com/