[thelist] Captcha php: which one and HOWTO?

Christian Heilmann codepo8 at gmail.com
Mon Mar 20 00:48:53 CST 2006

On 3/20/06, Eduardo <hut at hockeymail.com> wrote:
> Anyone has used or know of a good PHP Captcha?
>
> I've looked around searching but there's not much practical info about
> it. Most of the time, there's a lot talk about Captcha challenges or
> academical discussions but no simple and straight HOWTOs.

I've used that in the past: http://freshmeat.net/projects/hn_captcha/

However, CAPTCHAS are crackable and only in the way of the
non-malicious user. Therefore all the "academical discussions" do have
a point:
http://www.wait-till-i.com/index.php?p=20

Googling for "download captcha" finds a lot of other solutions, too.