[thelist] clear form code

M. Seyon evoltlist at delime.com
Mon Mar 20 06:41:25 CST 2006

Message from Ian Anderson (3/20/2006 11:51 AM)

>Ken Schaefer wrote:
>
> > I've
> > personally used reset buttons on more than one occaision. Not often,
> but more
> > than "once in a blue moon". I can't speak for anyone else.
>
>Interesting - so do you remember what situations required the reset?
>
>I have never used one on purpose, but I have clicked them by accident
>several times.

I have spilled ink on my passport application form, rendering it unusable.
Cost me an extra week to get back to the passport office, get a new form,
get to a "professional" to endorse the new one, etc.

Does that mean that the passport office form is destructive to usability
because it's not inkproof?

Or does it mean I should be more careful next time, and as a corollary,
that sh*t happens?

I also use the Reset button - here's one classic case:

Radio buttons without a default 'none selected' option. I think in practice
many, many, many more forms are "destructive to usability" because they do
not have such an option for their radio buttons.

regards.
-marc