[thelist] clear form code

Luther, Ron Ron.Luther at hp.com
Mon Mar 20 13:41:13 CST 2006

Matt Warden asked:

>>I don't want to earmark my $1. What do I select?

Perhaps a nice local zoo or art gallery?   ;-)

Hi Matt,

Sorry.  Not allowed.  This is my contrived example.
The athletic department is the client here, not the end user.
This A.D. says "No fence sitters. Force a choice."

They are an unreasonable client and they don't care
what the end user wants. This is a 'special' fund raiser
that will only run for a limited amount of time. (This is
an adjunct to normal alumni donations and only requires
approval from the A.D. [No Chancellors office involvement
or veto involved. No input required from any other campus
organization.])

They want one of their three programs selected. Period.

There is too much contentious infighting for them to agree
to add a 'general scholarship fund' option and none of them
will agree to allow anyone else to be the 'default' selection.

[In fact, they are going to argue for several weeks to come
over which department gets listed first and, if the list is
randomly generated, over what criterion will be used to determine
the percentage of time each department is listed in which
position in the list.]

Radio buttons with no default?

RonL.