[thelist] clear form code

John Handelaar john at userfrenzy.com
Tue Mar 21 06:53:16 CST 2006

M. Seyon wrote:
> I find it interesting that both you and John, who seem to think that there
> is only one answer and you've got it, are both saying "I'm not really sure
> why we're discussing this..." while some of us are actually trying to get
> an answer that is relevant to day-to-day real life situations and we're
> being rebuffed.
>
> That's really a great way to foster the productive discussions that this
> list thrives on.

WHOA, cowboy.

The spec is clear.  You cannot rely on any browser
respecting your intended rendering if you leave
everything unchecked.

Thelist's purpose may be many things, but encouraging
people to do something which the spec clearly says is
unsupported is absolutely not one of them.

We are about best practice.  We are about learning.
Not telling a questioner that this, oftentimes, simply
won't work is anathema to why we all started this in
the first place.

You're welcome to start flinging sarcasm around while
Matt produces ever more numerous examples of why he's
right, but please take it off list.

John Handelaar

E  john at handelaar.org    T +353 21 427 9033
M  +353 85 748 3790    http://handelaar.org