[thelist] Geo Tagging? (Was Re: image alignment/layout)

Ian Anderson ian at zstudio.co.uk
Tue Mar 21 10:27:02 CST 2006

Canfield, Joel wrote:

>   http://devoicetraining.com/1.asp

Idly flicking through the source code, I noticed some interesting META
tags you put in:

<META NAME="geo.position" CONTENT="38.75;-121.3" />
<META NAME="geo.placename" CONTENT="Roseville, Placer County, CA" />
<META NAME="geo.region" CONTENT="US-CA" />

These look kinda useful. A quick google suggests these to be connected
with geo-tagging, which I hadn't come across before.

Wikipedia [1] gives tantalising hints but doesn't seem to describe
precisely the tags you've used.

Would you mind quickly outlining the background to your use of these? Do
these work/where/when?

Cheers

Ian

[1] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GeoTagging

PS - Anyone else enjoying the rerun of "V - the Mini Series" on UK
satellite at the mo? Why are the lizards such awful shots? The safest
place to be when confronted by an angry lizard stormtrooper with a laser
rifle is about three feet in front of him...

zStudio - Web development and accessibility
http://zStudio.co.uk

Snippetz.net - Online code library
File, manage and re-use your code snippets & links
http://snippetz.net