[thelist] weather on our intranet

michael ensor edc at wnc.quik.co.nz
Wed Mar 22 11:12:02 CST 2006

----- Original Message -----
From: "Canfield, Joel"
Sent: Thursday, March 23, 2006 4:37 AM
Subject: [thelist] weather on our intranet

: I'd like to add some kind of weather information to our intranet. Even
: just temperature info (current and forecast) would be useful to folks,
: especially in the summer.
:
: Yup, that's the extent of what I know.
:
: Suggestions of where to look for methodology, data, best practices, free
: thinking 'waddya think' commentary?

METAR is your friend, get the feed from the nearest airport(s)
to your locations(s)  that report to the service and feed them
into the intranet.

http://weather.cod.edu/notes/metar.html will give you an example of
what can be extracted, temperature, wind speed, precipitation etc
all reported hourly.........

(There is a PEAR class for PHP which does the extraction and
formatting)