[thelist] Virtual private server hosts

Michael Slater michael at boatingsf.com
Thu Mar 23 11:27:13 CST 2006

I'm planning to move my site (www.BoatingSF.com) from a shared hosting plan
to a virtual private server, and I'd appreciate any recommendations for
particular hosts. The number of companies is overwhelming, and in browsing
the web for reviews, it seems that for every company there are both glowing
and scathing reviews. I'm currently at iPower, and I've found their support
to be decent but not great. I've looked at Spry and there are some great and
some really terrible reviews of their service.

As a meta-question, is anyone aware of a site that does credible reviews of
hosts that aren't in fact disguised marketing?

Thanks,

Michael Slater