[thelist] MSIE, applets and classid

Brent Eades beades at almonte.com
Thu Mar 23 18:28:47 CST 2006

John Dowdell wrote:

> I have never read Sun's advice on "dynamic" vs "static", and can't guess
> what they're trying to do by using different Class IDs. (I'd love to go
> read it but don't have time to today.)

Well, it isn't very illuminating reading, trust me :)

> solve all these conflicts?

I think this might be tidiest, yes. The site in question is frequnted by
a lot of casual web users, often elderly, who would *not* want to be
confronted with any of the weirdness that applets inside <object> seem
to produce in MSIE. My current applet tags have been working reliably
for six years now -- so, if it ain't broke...

--
Brent Eades
Almonte, Ontario