[thelist] Imageready Slicing Substitute

Megan Holbrook meganwh at wi.rr.com
Fri Mar 24 12:51:37 CST 2006

Ian Anderson wrote:

> Megan Holbrook wrote:
>

>>I just posted a question to another list about Fireworks - my art
>>director/partner is having trouble with Fireworks MX on the Mac because
>>it limites the name of the graphics being exported as slices to only 26
>>characters (including the extension).
>

> I am pretty sure that would be an intentional design choice in order to
> prevent it generating filenames that would break on Classic Mac OS (<=9)
>
> Does the current version run on any version of Mac OS prior to OS X? If
> yes, this limitation is probably a good thing. If not, then they
> probably ought to fix it...
>
> In any event, I am certain it will not be a Dreamweaver issue.
>
> Hope this helps

Thanks - it looks like we may have found an explanation here after I'd
sent the post:
<http://groups.google.com/group/macromedia.dreamweaver/browse_thread/thread/542d8a929c34d715/4cbefbe5c136750d%234cbefbe5c136750d>

If they've fixed the issue for Fireworks as well as Dreamweaver it
sounds like we /should/ be able to fix the issue by upgrading to the
latest MX version.

:) M.
Megan Holbrook - megan at kapow.com
Partner - Business Development
kapow, inc. (www.kapow.com) - website design, development & consulting

Most recent website launches:
Milwaukee Symphony Orchestra (www.milwaukeesymphony.org)
Southwestern Law School (www.swlaw.edu)

kapow, inc. Milwaukee               kapow, inc. Los Angeles
2405 E. Wyoming Place               1301 Montana Ave., Suite A
Milwaukee, WI 53202                 Santa Monica, CA  90403
T: 414.273.2446 * F: 414.278.9056   T: 310.394.5276 * F: 310.394.5278
www.linkedin.com/in/meganholbrook